Talk Legal To Me: Privacy
There are a few legal documents that are especially important to life at Intrigma – to us, our customers, prospects, physicians, residents, nurses, administrators, and even the government.
- We do not allow third party businesses to contact you in order to sell you products or services.
- We will not provide your contact information to a third party, unless required by law, even if you are using a free Intrigma product or service. The only exceptions to this are third party services that assist us in internal business operations: for example, we may use a third party emailing service, or a third party credit card processing service that requires some of your personal information.
- We may use the data to improve our products’ user experience, user interface design, general product design, and future service offerings. One of Intrigma’s biggest goals is to improve the productivity of medical teams and save you time.
- We may from time to time send emails to inform you about new Intrigma products and services, partnerships with other organizations and resulting product offerings, media releases, and other Intrigma-related news.
- We regularly email all of our users about new features, updates, bug fixes, planned maintenance, and other service information.
(Effective January 1, 2008)
At Intrigma we recognize that privacy is important. This Policy applies to all of the products, services and websites offered by Intrigma Inc. or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies (collectively, Intrigma’s “services”). In addition, where more detailed information is needed to explain our privacy practices, we post separate privacy notices to describe how particular services process personal information on our website.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact us through our website or write to us at Privacy Matters, c/o Intrigma Inc., 1460 Broadway, New York, NY 10036 USA.
In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you sign up for an Intrigma Account or other Intrigma service or promotion that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password). For certain services, we also request credit card or other payment account information which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other Intrigma services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- Log information – When you use Intrigma services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications – When you send email or other communication to Intrigma, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Links – Intrigma may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our scheduling technology.
- Providing our products and services to users, including the display of customized content;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
- Developing new services.
Intrigma processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country.
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes. We will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case Intrigma may not be able to provide those services to you.
As an employee at a facility using Intrigma’s services, you may receive periodic request reminders as defined by your scheduling administrator. You may also receive messages if you initiate certain transactions, such as registering with the system or resetting your password.
If you are an employee at a facility using Intrigma’s services and you wish to opt out of email messages we send, please contact us.
Intrigma only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Intrigma in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Intrigma, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Intrigma employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Intrigma processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
When you use Intrigma services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
Intrigma regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or Intrigma’s treatment of personal information by contacting us through this web site or by writing to us at Privacy Matters, c/o Intrigma Inc., 1460 Broadway, New York, NY 10036 USA. When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is Intrigma’s policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Intrigma and an individual.
If you have any additional questions or concerns about this Policy, please feel free to contact us any time through this web site or at Privacy Matters, c/o Intrigma Inc., 1460 Broadway, New York, NY 10036 USA.