Product Design Internship – Summer 2016
As a Product Designer Intern at Intrigma, you’ll support a close-knit team of engineers, designers, and customer support specialists to embody the vision of the user through the interface. You’ll help solve problems based on user research, while bearing business objectives in mind. You’ll help identify, investigate, and validate opportunities and ultimately assist in shipping design solutions.
Our team will provide detailed guidance on a number of projects, and help you develop key design skills.
You’ll need to:
- Help design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and smart
- Bring out the best in your team and be a collaborator that everyone enjoys working with
- Have a fascination with how people engage with software both in their personal lives andat work
- Be inspired by partnering with product designers, engineers, and content strategists to help oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and assist in turning them into something useful and valuable
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Understand the value of building and maintaining a living style guide
- Be hyper-organized, practical, and love finding new ways to do things faster and better
- Stay up to date on current themes, trends, and technologies in user experience design
Basic qualifications are:
- A college senior enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree program in the NYC area
- Ability to work weekly in our Midtown Manhattan office (days and times to be determined)
- Ability to think at a high level about a complex, social product, and explain the rationale for new features and changes
- Have a portfolio of design projects, with the ability to design products systematically, interactively, and visually
- Have experience with visual design, especially in the construction of visual hierarchies on layouts, and attention to detail on typography, spacing, and colors
- Work with a ninja team of people looking to change the world
- A fun, professional workplace
- Company outings, events, and an awesome office environment
- Free unlimited metro card while working and college credit (if wanted)
- Ask….we have more!